Monday, May 14, 2012

What's in a Name?

Guess what! We’ve got a new name!

When I first started this blog almost three years ago, Trenton was 6 months old, Jarrod was getting ready for a deployment to Afghanistan, and we had just found out that I was pregnant with Charlotte (though we hadn’t let the cat out of the bag yet). Before the blog, I had been sending out emails to friends and family and attaching photos and web albums. Starting a blog seemed like a much easier way to keep our family and friends in the loop. Thus was the birth of Adventures of the Smith Family.

Did you catch the part above about me having a 6 month old, a husband deploying, and a baby growing inside of me at the time I started the blog? Creativity was not coming to me, and so I went with the name we have had the past three years.

But now that this little blog has grown a bit and evolved, I felt that it was time to change the name to something a little more fitting.

Jarrod and I spent the first few years of our married life on Guam where Jarrod was attached to a submarine. A few months into our time on Guam, I met a wonderful lady who was full of words of wisdom. She was the wife of our new Commanding Officer. One of the first things Juli told anyone when she met them were the words that she lived by. One of these has really stuck with me: “Bloom where you are planted.”. The perfect words for a military family! A duty station will be what you make of it. You are the one who makes it a place that you love or a place that you hate.

I have adopted these words for my family, and we try our best to bloom all the time – even through hurricanes, deployments, cross-country drives, rainy seasons, and foggy days.
We hope that you’ll join us on our journey as we find more ways to Creatively Bloom! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment